I need help. Perhaps this is too personal for some people, sorry. I am currently experiencing birth control trauma. I have only been on birth control once before, and it lasted all of 20 days. I couldn't handle it. I have been on two pills since Ellen was born and both have been terrible. Currently I am using YAZ. I hate it. The doctor tells me to stay on it for a while longer, but i can't. My hair is falling out, I am breaking out like crazy, I am exhausted all the time, and frankly I just don't feel like myself. I have considered an IUD but that scares me too. Does anyone have any suggestions???? Any positive experiences with a pill or an IUD? You can answer anonymously.
Just please don't lecture me on reasons not to use birth control. I just had a baby with special needs and getting pregnant right now is the last thing I need. Especially since Spencer and I still need to be tested to see how likely this could happen again.
9 comments:
I've been the same way with birth control - I never felt like myself. My SIL just told me about an IUD that she LOVE LOVE LOVES. I can't remember the name right now, but I'll find out and email you. Good luck finding something that works for you. :)
By the way, I just read your post about Ellen's diagnosis. I'm so happy that you have an answer now. I hope she just keeps improving, and impressing all of those doctors with her strength!
I had an IUD for a time and had no problems with it whatsoever. Can't use the pill, so options are limited! I know a lot of friends who have gone with an IUD and loved it. This being said, my youngest sister came to be despite an IUD!
I had BAD experiences with BC (bleeding 9 months straight) so I only took it our 1st year of marriage. I don't use anything now & don't have to deal with all the trauma. ONE condoms - good stuff. :)
Good luck - I feel your pain.
Try going to www.cyclebeads.com and see what you think. Using that and condoms on the off days is the only thing that works for us. Good luck- that is a very mind boggling subject to try to find answers to!
Thank you all for your input!!!
Anne - I, too, can not stand the pill. I was on the pill for close to 15 years including the patch at one point. We just do condoms because an IUD is "supposed" to be left in for quite awhile. Also, most IUD's still have the hormones that the BC pill does. There is one IUD that doesn't but you are supposed to leave it in longer than the other kind. (I am not POSITIVE on this, because I haven't had them myself).
As far as hair falling out - that really might just be post partum stuff. My hair fell out for MONTHS starting about 3-4 months pp with Lily. I'm sorry. It's yucky. My hair hasn't started the falling out thing again yet. I hope you can find something that works for you.
I had a the Mirena IUD a year + & LOVED it! Had no yucky side affects (& hardly no period). I was a MONSTER on BC as well and tried just about every kind out there. The one that gave me the least amount of symptoms was low dose ortho-tricyclin, but I was still kinda 'grr' occasionally. I highly recommend the Mirena. It lasts 5 years. There is another one out there that lasts 10, but I don't know the name. Good luck my dear. If there if anything I can do for you please let me know.
hair loss is post partum, since 3 months post partum, my hair has bee falling out like crazy (do I really have any more to lose). At about 5.5 months post partum, it seems to have stopped falling out. I've already told you, love the IUD...think it's a great long-term solution.
Ann I am a long way from having babies anymore, but loved the IUD when I was. It worked so well and the kids are spaced 10 years apart. Old school items sometimes work just as well for you new moms. Try it out, you may be surprised. I had no side effects at all from it.
Post a Comment