Sunday, November 7, 2010

My cup runneth over...

I am thankful for...
1. My husband's job. I am thankful that is is employed, and that he works for a great company and he has excellent benefits. I am so thankful that when we were faced with the decision of which job he should accept last year, we chose this job. It has proven to be a blessing. We really fought moving to Albany (Spencer had job offers in Orlando and Huntsville as well). It has been good for our family.
2. That we sold our home. Period. I still can't believe it. I fully anticipated living here for a few months waiting for the house to sell while Spencer was working in VA. I am so thankful that we get to move together.
3. Our town home in VA. Spencer has been trying to find us a rental this past week and at first we were a little worried at the prices. OK, REALLY concerned. Yesterday, he found a town home that fulfills all of our needs and it will only cost us 100.00 more a month than our current mortgage. It is small, and it isn't fancy, but it's a great location, the floor plan is awesome, and it's cheap! Well, cheaper than anything else we considered. It's manageable, and for that I am truly thankful.
4. Ellen. Can't say enough about this little girl. Her personality is really beginning to show and I LOVE it! She is so much fun I can't stand it. It seems that she is just blissfully unaware that she has so much more to deal with than most children. She doesn't seem to care. She is happy and sweet, beautiful, smart...the list goes on and on and on. She is one of my greatest blessings.
5. Ethan. I love him too. He is crazy smart and so funny. He is a great helper and a great big brother. I often find him sitting next to Ellen trying to do things with her that her physical therapist does, or teaching her sign language. It is so sweet. Ellen simply adores him.
6. Spencer. I guess I should add him to the list in case he reads this :) He can fix anything, build anything, solve anything...he is a genius. He never complains about dinner, he picks up after himself (most of the time) he folds laundry, reads stories to the kids, builds robots out of legos, and he can eat an entire pie all by himself in less than a week and not gain a pound. Amazing. I love him.

4 comments:

Chadlee said...

That is awesome that you sold your home so quickly, but not surprising, it looked gorgeous from all the photos you posted. It sounds like you have a lot to look forward too with your new location. I vote for our next family reunion 2013-2014 to be in Washington DC with you guys! That is if you're still there, you guys are really on the move lately.

tarryn said...

Love your post, love your pictures! Can't wait to see you guys in just a few weeks! Very excited to meet that little Ellen.

ninfa said...

Awesome post :) Washington D.C. sounds fun and that it will be a good place for your sweet family.

Michael and Bonnie said...

Anne, you do have a lot to be thankful for! one more thing...I just went through Lily's closet and have a few piles of clothing to give to Ellen! Now, I just need to figure out how to get it to you :)