Monday, August 13, 2007

Birthday Bash

We celebrated Ethan's first birthday today with a big birthday bash! I was a little overwhelmed by how many kids there were, but everyone seemed to have fun. The kids made animal masks, and took turns hitting a 4 ft. pinata.







There was also plenty of sugar to go around. Cupcakes, animal crackers, and candy (from inside the pinata). I made Ethan his own "smash cake", but he didn't like it very much. He cried when I tried to get him to take a bite. Needless to say, I was pretty relieved he didn't care for the cake. I was a little sad that he didn't want to smash it though. The poor kid had too much going on around him. He was as overwhelmed as I was. you can see from the picture the minimal damage he did to the cake.



There were plenty of presents too. Ethan's toy stash has QUADRUPLED! Everyone was way too generous. We decided to hide most of his toys, and give them to him throughout the year, or wait until Christmas.

Later that night I decided to give Ethan another try at a cupcake. He still didn't eat it, but he loved playing with it.


3 comments:

The Truax Family said...

And you thought my Wizard of Oz party was crazy? I wish I could have attended Ethan's party. My kids said it was very fun! Thanks for inviting them.

SalliJune said...

What a fun mom you are! I've never thought of making a bash cake, but that only makes sense now, doesn't it? Maybe I'll make one for Richard for his 28th birthday. Is Ethan's birthday on the 6th? If so, he and Sadie share the same birthday! Love you tons!

Annabanana said...

shelly, this didn't top your wizard of oz party. Salli...ethan's birthday is on the 7th. close enough! But he's a year younger than sadie.