I hate winter, but I love a good soup. Here's a really great soup recipe.
Chicken Chilli Stew (courtesy of my sister, Shelly)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breats halves
1 cup onion, chopped
1 medium greaan pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
2 T vegetable oil
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
2/3 cups picante sauce
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp round cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. I 5 qt pan, cook chicken, onion, grenn pepper and garlic in oil until chicken looses pink color.Add remaining ingredients, simmer for 20 minutes. Top with picante sauce, shredded cheese, green onions, diced avacado, sour cream...tortilla strips (anything that sounds good).
* For thinner stew (I always thin mine out). Add 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup frozen corn.
ENJOY!
1 comment:
Mmmm, I needed a good winter recipe!
Post a Comment