Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bye bye Utah...

...hello sunshine state.  That's right, Spencer's contract with NASA has been extended another 6 months, and so we have decided it would be best if we all moved to Florida while he finishes his work. Even though I am dreading packing up and moving with a new baby on the way, it's nice that we don't have to pack up our entire house, since the plan for now,  is to come back soon. 
Spencer resumes work as usual January 1. He'll fly back home for the birth of our baby, and shortly thereafter, we will make the long trek. That should be a fun drive. 
Even though neither one of us is thrilled with idea of moving to Florida, it's been difficult to be apart so much recently, and this is the best solution. 

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

i'm sorry to see you go. i completely understand though.. never the less.. you will be missed. make sure you keep up the blogging!

Anonymous said...

Anne, Benjamin and I lived in Florida for six months for his job as well. It was so different from what we were used to, yet wonderful in it's own way! We still talk about those six months with many great memories. I'm glad you will be together and we will pray hard for the trip to go smoothly for the four of you!

Luikart Family said...

I served my mission in Florida. The people were great. You will grow to love it, if you can get past the humidity. :)

Greg and Jana said...

Anne,
I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, but glad that you are coming back. It will be nice to be close to Spencer, so you go girl!

I agree with Lindsey....keep up the blogging. We'll be waiting for updates...

Sorry to hear about your sister. Our prayers are with you and your family and we pray for a speedy recovery for him.

Sarah said...

Good luck with the last few weeks of pregnancy, packing, delivery, and moving - it'll be crazy, but well-worth it to be with your hubby. Keep us updated while you're away.

jordan said...

Watch out for old Jewish people and Hurricanes. I hear there are a lot of both.