Friday, January 16, 2009

The waiting game...

I know I haven't even reached my due date yet, but I am getting very anxious. I don't have a single outfit that fits me anymore, my back aches, I'm tired, out of breath, and the "you look great" comments" have now been replaced with "you're still pregnant?" and "you look miserable!". Just what every pregnant woman loves to hear.
I don't mean to complain, because really, I am thankful to be carrying this child. I guess I have just never understood those women who LOVE being pregnant. For me, it's just a means to an end. A very happy ending.
I am a little concerned that this baby might be very, very big. Even my doctor is surprised by the size of my abdomen. There is honestly no more room for her to grow... I would love for this baby to come all on her own this weekend. However, if she doesn't, at least I know I only have to wait 3 more days. 

*for an update on baby Charlie, visit Peggy's Blog. In short, things are going well, and they will return to the States this weekend.

3 comments:

abi said...

I hope it happens soon! Can't wait to meet her. I don't think I've asked you, do you have a name?

Chadlee said...

Sorry you're in so much pain! I keep checking your blog to see if you've had the baby. Keep us posted!

SalliJune said...

Ah the waiting game. I remember my last month of being pregnant with Sadie I kept having nightmares that the doctor would check me and then tell me that I wasn't pregnant, just getting really fat. Yeah, I used to wake up in cold sweats with that one! Seriously though, isn't it amazing though how our bodies go in and out, ebb and flow, like the tide? It's all so beautiful, really. I'm so excited for your little girl to come! She is going to be one lucky little lady to have you for her mama.