Friday, January 2, 2009

Updates

Baby Charlie Bird

He is out of his incubator, and done with his feeding tubes and IV.  My sister has finally been allowed to hold hims and nurse him. He was given an MRI earlier this week, but they won't get the results until later next week. They think that once they get the MRI results, they will finally let him go home. 
The Bird family has decided to move back to the states for a while once they can get the travel documents they need for Charlie. The timing couldn't be more perfect, because they have agreed to stay in our home  and "house-sit" while we are away. 

Our Baby

I thought for sure I was going to go into labor last night. All day long I had contractions and by the end of the day I was so sore! This never happened when I was pregnant with Ethan. At my last doctors appointment I was informed that I was well on my way to having this baby. I am currently scheduled to be induced on Jan 19, but my doctor doesn't think I will make it that long. Doctors have been wrong before, so I am trying not to get my hopes up. Though, I honestly feel like she could come any day. However, she either needs to come this weekend, or not for 2 weeks, because Spencer leaves us tomorrow.

Media Room

Our media room is well on it's way too. Spencer put up sheet rock last week thanks to help from his brother and dad. By tomorrow all the taping, mudding and wall texture will be done. Next week, painting and trim, and finally lighting and carpet! Just in time for us to pack up and leave. I will post some pictures later, because it's a little bit too messy right now. Spencer has been working very hard every spare moment he gets to try and finish that up. It's going to be a great space once we get it all set up.

7 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

sounds like a great way to start the new year - good news all around ... well except you are still prego. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

We will send lots of extra prayers your way! Peter wanted to spend some time looking at his cousin on your blog today. Pictures of Ethan completely tickle him! How fun that there will be pictures of a new little cousin to look at soon!

Chadlee said...

So much news on your end - I'm finally catching up on blogs. I hope your little nephew will be okay and that's great that it worked out for them to stay at your place. It will be interesting to see how life is in Floriday for you guys. I can't believe you'll be having your baby any day now! Good luck!

Sarah said...

How wonderful that your sister's family will have a place to stay, and you can have your house well-taken care of while you're away. Oh girly, good luck with the whole labor/not-labor stuff. Take it easy and get LOTS of rest! Keep us all posted.

jess and seth said...

Anne--I can't believe you're almost ready to have this baby! You just look fantastic every time I see you that I forget you're probably ready to throw in the towel. Hey, if Spencer's gone and you can't get a hold of family or just need a place to drop Ethan off for a bit while you're in labor, etc., PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call me! I'd love to help! Good luck!

Peg and Her Story said...

annabanana, you are more on the ball than me...I am thinking of you all the time, and hoping that you make it to the 19th. With Grace & Charlie I had contractions all the time, never with Freeman...I think maybe they increase with recurring pregnancies? Anyway, stay busy, it will be here sooner than you think!!

Mickel said...

Hi Anne! I connected to your blog through Jessica's. Okay, I am ALWAYS the last to know everything...I had know idea you guys were headed to Florida. We'll miss you while you're gone! PLEASE let me help you with Ethan...before the baby, after the baby, while packing, ANYTIME.