Spencer said my last post was too depressing...I told him that was because I am depressed. However, amidst all of what we have been going through with Ellen this past month, I really still have plenty to be thankful for, so here it goes... I am thankful:
1. For a devoted and supportive husband. He has been so good to me, and Ethan. It has not been easy for him to take the role of "Mr. Mom" this past month, and he never complains.
2. For Ethan. His little world has been very disrupted, and he is handling it as well as a 2 year old could. He is so cute and so sweet, and I miss spending my days with him.
3. For a supportive family. Both my family and Spencer's family have been so GREAT! What would we do without family? Spencer's sister has been letting us stay in her beautiful home the past 2 weeks, my mom drove up last week to watch Ethan, Spencer's parents watched Ethan the week before that, and my sisters in St. George have helped too. We couldn't have made it this far without their help.
4. For sweet Ellen. Even though we don't know what is wrong with her yet, there is so much right, and that is encouraging. Her brain, heart, lungs...all of it works perfectly. Within the past month she has improved with her strength and movement, and THAT is encouraging. We know she will get better, we just have to be patient.
5. Good health care. Ellen has great nurses and doctors who care for her. It's not much fun to be in the NICU, but at least we know she is being well cared for.
11 comments:
Dad keeps reminding me of all the blessings with regard to little Ellen - What is amazing - that even though they don't know the cause of her problems - they have eliminated several huge problems that she could of had - and that is a miracle - We just know that this solution will be found and soon she will be home with you and Spencer and cute little Ethan - that is the miracle waiting for you -
That sounds so frustrating, I'm still over here praying for you guys.
The ward is still praying for you guys by name... What a month it has been for you! Let us know how we can help. Someone left a gift outside your door a couple of weeks ago--it is at our house...
I am grateful for my sister Anne! She is stronger than I could ever be. She has been dealt a lot and handles it with patience and faith. Also, she spells my last name wrong on her blog :)
Anne, Kathie referred me to your blog, and we are going to add our Farmington prayers to all the St. George prayers! Ellen is gorgeous with all her dark hair and big eyes! We are so close to PCMC, is there anything we can do? Please don't hesitate to let us know if so. We have extra beds if you need them and would love to help out...take care! Keep your chin up! Love Jess G
Anne, I am amazed and humbled by your faith. Thanks for sharing all the things you're thankful for--it makes my burdens seem so small! And I know we've said it over and over again, but you're _still_ in our prayers. We love you guys so much and we already love that beautiful little Ellen! She must have such a special, strong spirit.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE! We hope you have a joyful day!
Lots of love from Susan, Benjamin, Jonathan, Clara, Julia, Luke, Eliza, and Peter xxoo
Happy Birthday again Anne! I was looking at last year's calendar and thought it was on Weds. I hope you get a little time to have some fun. We know you are the best mom and wife and your family loves you so much. We do too! We'll be thinking of you today. As always, we will pray for you guys and especially for precious Ellen.
Have a great day!
With love,
Susan and Clan
Anne--I wish I had your e-mail, but I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday today! I hope you're able to celebrate at least a little bit in the midst of everything else. We love you!
Happy Birthday Anne - I hope that you got to do something special today. Thinking about you...
Happy Birthday, Anne! Your day is the day after Walker's. You would think we would be better at remembering it! We hope you were able to squeeze in a little celebration. That little Ellen is so cute. I love looking at her pictures. Hang in there. The boys (and us) always ask for blessings for "Baby Ellen" in prayers. It is especially sweet to hear Max say it. We miss you.
Post a Comment