Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shifting Gears



So, even though Ellen pretty much consumes most of my thoughts and takes most of my time, I do have another child. You may remember him? His name is Ethan? (Though recently he is referring to himself as Ellen). He is a little trouble maker, but oh so cute. I know, I know. EVERYONE has THE CUTEST kids, but really, he is a hoot. 
He mimics everything I say. So it is not uncommon to hear some of the following:
When asked to do something "No, no, stop it! You're driving me crazy!"
Whenever Ellen cries "It's OK sweetheart, you don't need to cry." Or "Why are you crying sweetiepie?". 
He needs to do everything by himself. He reads stories to his stuffed animals and frequently talks to an imaginary dog. He always has dreams about playing with his cousins Nora and Lily, and he insists on eating his pancakes with his Handy Manny power tools. My personal favorite. He straps his booster seat to his behind, and runs around the house with it. That way, he always has a comfortable place to sit.

I also have a husband named Spencer. I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate and love him. He finished the media room a few weeks ago (furniture has been ordered, but we won't have it for 2 months or so). Naturally, Ethan loves to see Mario Kart REALLY BIG. (So does Spencer). Not very good pictures of the media room, but trust me, it looks good. Spencer did a really nice job.

4 comments:

The Gleasons said...

I loved hearing about those fun things! Thanks for the peak into the lives of your cuties!

tarryn said...

So jealous about your nice media room! The kids are adorable.

Chadlee said...

The media room looks so nice! That's so cool. Ethan sounds so funny. I wish we lived closer to you guys so he and Stella could play. Those are cute stories about him, especially about reading to his stuffed animals. Stella did that a few times and it melted my heart. Too cute!

Sarah said...

What a sweet boy. It sounds like he is precious wtih Ellen, and I love that he takes his booster seat around everwhere. So cute.