Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moving In


We finally moved into our new home! I can't tell you how happy I am to have our things back! After camping out in a rental home for two weeks, I have really learned to appreciate the simple things. A bed, a washer and dryer (trips to the laundromat are not memories I wish to hold on to....) a microwave, pots and pans.....the list goes on, and on, on.
Unfortunately, we did not get the home we wanted. we are still a little uncertain of what happened there, but thankfully, we found a nice home in the same neighborhood. It is much smaller, but plenty big for our family. Ellen and Ethan still have their own rooms, and they share a Jack and Jill bath. There is also a "bonus room" upstairs for Ethan's playroom. I love it. The longer I live here, the more I really enjoy it. Less home to clean, more time to spend with Ethan and Ellen.
We will get our backyard in next week, and then Spencer will build Ethan a swing set. Ethan is so excited! I am very excited too since cold/flu season is approaching and I will leave the house as few time as possible. I want to keep Ellen healthy because little colds are a big deal with her.
Our home is still a mess, but we are slowly settling in. My parents arrive later this week with our other car. They will be a big help, and Ethan is very anxious to see them. Here is a picture of our home, I will post pictures of the inside once we get better organized.


10 comments:

S&B said...

I am so excited for you to be in your new home. It looks beautiful! We love you.

Chadlee said...

I've been checking your blog every day for an update! That house is BEAUTIFUL! I definitely want to see pics of the inside. I'm glad to hear you are able to get settled now.

tarryn said...

Oh, I LOVE the house! It is darling. I can't wait to see more pictures. And a swingset in the backyard sounds like a piece of heaven! Anne, you are such a positive person, seeing the bright side in everything. I love reading your blog!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, this house looks beautiful! I'm so glad you're finally in a place you can call "home." Hooray!

ninfa said...

What a beautiful house! It sounds like it's quickly becoming "home." I heard a song by U2 today and it made me think of you and laugh to myself (with or without you) :) Glad to hear things are settling in.

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

Seriously, your house is beautiful!!! Congrats, that is so nice to be settled and not feeling like you are "camping" anymore.

abi said...

Looks like a really nice place! I hope you don't get too sick of being stuck inside - that always makes me go a little crazy. Glad things are getting settled!

Greg and Jana said...

Anne & Spencer,
I'm so glad you have a place you can call your own again. It's a beautiful home and you'll be all settled in no time.

SalliJune said...

Congratulations!
Is that your house or a small mansion? Holy macarel--it is gorgeous! I can't wait to see pictures from the inside. Are you planning on Nauvoo in 2011? I've got a jazz version of "That's the Man that I'm going to Marry" that I am aching to have a jam session with you. Maybe we could have Kilpatrick sew us all long skirts so we feel back in the swing of things when we're there. Anyway, love you and wishing you the best!

Unknown said...

I have now seen the home in person and it is beautiful on the outside and inside. Cute neighborhood - great for walking outside. So happy that I could be there for a while - but really wish you were still here.