Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving





Our first "Southern Thanksgiving". What an experience. I started the day off early and made Spencer this apple pie. He loved it, and baking it made the whole house smell amazing! I made some rolls and Spencer's families Jello Salad as well. This was our contribution to the meal we were invited to. (I broke our "don't leave the house" rule to celebrate this holiday)
Our thanksgiving consisted of a traditional turkey, coupled with a gazillion side dishes and casseroles that I could not even begin to guess the ingredients. Spencer had everything. He probably ate everything 2 or 3 times. He is a very adventurous eater. I stuck to what I knew and trusted. Turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, and fresh veggies. As different as the meal may have been, the company was great, and the experience was memorable. I am glad we had someone to spend the holiday with and that Ethan had friends to play with. Naturally, he cried when it was time to leave.
On a side and very sad note, one of my best friends, Cherie, lost her brother last week. John Jones was his name. The story made national news. He was such a good guy, and so young. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family Cherie and Emily (his wife)!

4 comments:

tarryn said...

I love your pictures! That Ethan is adorable. And the pie makes me hungry (as if I didn't eat enough this weekend)!

I am so sorry about your friend's brother. That is such a tragic story.

masheva said...

i need you address so we can send you a christmas card. email me. ashcono@gmail.com thanks

jordan said...

that pie looks good.

lewisfam2000 said...

Hey there, love your pictures looks like your guys are doing great. I have been trying to get ahold of you guys, we don't have a good number. Email or call me when you get a chance.
-angela