Yes, this is Ethan sleeping while standing up. Crazy kid
I am Thankful for:
1. My Children. Ethan drives me crazy nearly every day. Caring for Ellen stresses me out, but I still love both of them more than anything. Ethan is so bright, so energetic, so forgiving, so creative, and just so blasted cute. Ellen is also so bright and as sweet as they come. I feel so lucky to be her mommy.
2. Spencer. So far we have survived his new work schedule. I think I have seen him more these past few months than I have our entire marriage! It's wonderful. Ethan adores him and gets so excited whenever he comes home from work. He is so kind and so patient and so good to me and the kids. He always tries so hard to make us happy.
3. Private duty nursing. FINALLY!!!! We were just informed that our insurance will cover costs for private duty nursing for Ellen. This is so awesome! We have been trying to get this for months! We are hoping for at least 40 hours a week. This way they can come 4 nights a week and work with Ellen on her BiPap. Hooray! We may also get a day or two during the week so that Ethan and I can enjoy some one-on-one time and have some fun. Spencer and I may even go on a date one of these days.
4. Children's hospitals. Ellen ended up in the hospital last week. We took her to a local hospital first, but then as things got little more serious, we moved her to the CHOA. It was so nice to be in that hospital. What a great facility. I am also thankful for Spencer's brother's, Doug and Steve (ENT and Pediatric Gastroenterologist), Ellen's former pediatrician, Dr. Nygaard, and neurologist, Dr. Swoboda. We were panicked with ellen and called ALL of them. Thank you for answering our calls and helping us.
5. Southern Hospitality. There is plenty about this place that I don't care for, but one thing is certain. I have never met kinder people. I have really been overwhelmed with the kindness people have extended to our family since our arrival. It is genuine and sincere, and I am in awe.
6. Ethan's new "park". We LOVE IT! Almost done, but done enough to enjoy.
7. Family. Mother's, Father's, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews...etc, etc, etc.
5 comments:
I am thankful for your post!! We miss and love you, Anne...hope you guys have a great holiday! Give Ethan & Ellen big hugs from me!
Is that Ethan sleeping while standing up? Is that red hair on Ellen? That's great news about the nursing, I can only imagine how overwhelmed you are.
We really miss your family!! Seeing pictures of Ellen getting so big and so cute and the picture of Ethan sleeping standing up makes us miss you more!
I love all the pictures - Ethan is a riot - he runs and runs and then instead of falling over - just stands in place and goes to sleep. Cute little Ellen - what a sweetie - I miss her and snuggling with her. Great backyard park - how wonderful - and the nurse is also wonderful for you.
Glad to hear things are well and your kids are beautiful!!!
Post a Comment