Spring is officially in full bloom here. Goodbye winter. That was the longest, coldest, rainiest winter I have ever endured. My goodness. Sometimes I really miss the desert. I was excited for the weather to warm up here until I realized that with the warm weather comes clouds of pollen (really, I have never experienced anything like it), mosquitos, gnats, roaches, ants, spiders, and worst of all, snakes. Lots of snakes. Ugh....I love the south. I will try to get brave because we love to be outside too much to stay indoors any longer.
Southern Georgia aside, there is much to be thankful for. In particular, miss Ellen. She has improved so much this past month. She can now hold her head up for a very long time, look around, jabber and sit almost unsupported. (Basically I just barely hold her sides to help balance her). She can even sit up for a few seconds without any support at all. Hooray! It takes all of her concentration but she is dong such a great job.
a little support
all by herself
These pictures are of Ethan during his "nap time". This child is so sleep deprived I don't know what to do anymore. He has more energy and more will to stay awake than anyone I know. Even if he does test me from time to time, I still love him to pieces. The other day I said aloud in frustration "I'm done being a mom today!" his response: "are you going to be a dad now?".
5 comments:
I love your honesty, woman! "I'm done being a mom now." "Are you going to be a dad now?" What a little buddy your Ethan is to you. I'm happy to know I'm not alone in declaring such things when my kids can hear. Sadie has had to console me probably a dozen times when she has heard me say, "I'm such a bad mom." My favorite is when I try to give myself a time out or private time when I can feel me loosing it . . . yeah, they don't like that one very much.
You are one incredible pioneer with what you are doing with Ellen. In Nauvoo you acted the part, now you are playing the part. I adore you and think about you often. What a lucky girl to have you for her mom.
I love Ethan...please make sure to write down what he does, he is soooo witty!!
Hehehe that is a classic! What a smart kid. And look at Ellen go! That is so great! That is just a great milestone, I can just imagine how proud you are! Yay!
Haha!Thanks for the laugh. Yay for Ellen!
Way to Go Ellen. How exciting! She is the cutest. I really liked the pics you caught of Ethan. Nap time can be quite the battle for us.
Post a Comment