Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Wheels




This is Ellen in her new Kid Kart. It supports her all over so that she is able to sit more upright. It is kind of like a stroller and a wheelchair combined. I am especially thankful for this because Ellen is getting heavy! I do my push-ups, and I eat my spinach. but carrying a child with low muscle tone is really hard on my back. By the end of the day, I hurt. She has difficulty sitting in it for too long because it is so much work for her to sit upright, but we are giving it to her small doses at a time.

6 comments:

Chadlee said...

It looks like Ethan thinks it's his new toy :).

Michael and Bonnie said...

Look at that cute chunky girl! I hope she starts to like it more!

Sarah said...

Sweet new ride, Little Ellen. I'm glad she has something to sit in that gives you a much-needed break. Carrying babies all day is exhausting for me, so I can't even imagine carrying a child with low muscle tone - I'd be a tired, aching, sore mess.

Hope she gets used to it, and enjoys it more everyday.

abi said...

She looks so grown up! I can't believe how big she is getting! So glad that you will get a break while helping her to get stronger. She is as cute as ever (and Ethan too of course)!

SalliJune said...

I"m so glad you found something that gives your arms a rest. Maybe if you put a Magna Doodle on the table-top part of the kid cart, she'd like to stay in it longer. Just a thought . . . I think about you all the time. Your smile makes me happy.

Cherie Dick said...

That is so great. She is a big girl! I am glad you have something to relieve you. I think you are a tough girl.