What I thought:
I will be married to Wade Izatt (my high school "boyfriend" at the time) at age 20.
What happened:
Thankfully, I didn't marry Wade. I didn't even date him long after I wrote that. I married the most wonderful and patient man in the world. Spencer Colson. We met and and married when I was 24.
What I thought:
I will live in Boston MA, or NYC. Far, far away from St. George.
What happened:
I still live right here in St. George.
What I thought:
I will have 3 or 4 children.
What happened:
I have one little boy, and one baby on the way. We'll see if I even make it as far as 3.
What I thought:
I will be a famous actress.
What happened:
I used acting/singing to get scholarship money to pay for my college education. Beyond that, I have hardly set foot on a stage. I worked as an Interior Designer for a few years, and now I am a stay at home mom.
What I thought:
I will run at least 2 marathons.
What happened:
I trained twice, and was cut short twice. After my second attempt, I had knee surgery. Since then, running has been hard for me. It's uncomfortable and painful to go anymore than 3 miles. I miss being able to really run hard. I just have to keep trying to push myself.
Not everything has been easy and wonderful, but I have had a good 10 years, and I hope that many more will follow.
3 comments:
Wow, to remember that! I wish I had a letter like that!
Isn't it great that life doesn't turn out how we wanted it to when we were teenagers? And hey, I thought you WERE a famous actress, at least there at the theater in St. George. Are you going to the reunion? Hope it's fun.
How funny, I remember doing the same kind of thing when I was around 14 with my YW class. I never got my letter though. =( The only thing I remember from it was that I thought I was going to marry my cute neighbor, haha. Funny how things change so much!
Post a Comment