After talking to Spencer last night on the phone, I wasn't very happy. As I mentioned earlier Spencer has been working for NASA, in Cape Canaveral, FL. I don't understand a lot of what he has been doing, but I know that his work is considered "launch critical", meaning he will be there until the space shuttle, Atlantis, launches on OCT 10.
Apparently, there is still more work for him after that. There are no new contracts, and nothing is final, but it looks as though his trip may be extended. He will be home for the weekend of Oct 4th, but after that, we don't know what's going on.
IF, he has to stay there for much longer, Ethan and I may pack up our bags once more and "move" to Florida for awhile. I really don't want to, but I am tired of being separated from my husband. Like I said, nothing is final yet. A longer contract would be good for him and his company. We'll just see what happens.
I have really tried to be supportive, but I'm honestly having a hard time now. Maybe it's just post- vacation blues?
7 comments:
Oh, you poor thing! It's so hard to be away from your husband - especially with an active 2 year-old and a tired, pregnant body. I hope you'll be able to get it worked out soon!
OMG, i'm so sad for you hon, on one hand i would HATE to see you move, on the other hand i can TOTALLY sympathize with the absent husband issue. I'll be thinking about you.. and hope everything turns out ok.
Oh Anne, I'm sorry! That's rough. Hopefully it won't turn into anything. But, definitely go out there if you need to! If you need a break anytime - I'd be happy to have Ethan!
Anne--I am so sorry! I don't know how you've survived so long without Spencer here, and I don't blame you for wanting to pack up! We'll keep you guys in our prayers. I hope everything works out for the best.
And hey, we would love to meet you and Ethan at the park sometime or else have him come over and play. Jacob and Eleni would love to have a distraction, seriously! It would help me out if you wouldn't mind. I'll give you a call.
Matt and I are in Jacksonville. You'll have to let us know if spencer ends up staying in Florida longer--we'd love to see you guys.
Launch critical? What about family critical. He should move back to you guys :)
I totally get this...after talking to Ben this month (he's been gone every week in Sept., and still gone into Oct.), I told him we're moving where he is. It gets a little ridiculous to be apart for so much time, right?
Post a Comment