Thursday, November 20, 2008
It's a miracle!!!
Nearly every day at "snack time", I will have some apples and carrots (yes I need snack time too). Ethan loves apples, and he will easily eat half of one. I always offer carrots, but he says "No". He will have nothing to do with Vegetables! However, last week, out of nowhere, he asked for a carrot. He put it in his mouth and I nearly expected him to spit it back out. Instead, he ate it. I was shocked. He even said "yummy carrot". I tried not to get too excited thinking it was a once in a lifetime thing for him to do, but since that time he has asked several times for a carrot. I cannot express how happy this makes me! I have been told over and over again that toddlers just need to be exposed to new foods 10-15 times before they like it. It took us 2 years...but still, there is hope. Maybe one day he will be a normal toddler and eat chicken nuggets, pizza and macaroni and cheese. Until then, I am happy he eats whole wheat pancakes, oatmeal, peanut butter sandwiches, apples and now...CARROTS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Yummy carrot" that's to funny! I would be thrilled too. Good news :).
Post a Comment