Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our Home

Here are a few pictures of our home. If you happened to watch our video clips, you may have seen some of these already. Here is a little more. Keep in mind I am not a photographer, I do not own a nice camera, I am not a stylist. I was bored while waiting for dinner to cook, so I walked around with Ellen to take some pictures. We are still missing things here and there (especially in our great room...) and I would like to do some things differently, but nothing is critical at this point. We will simply wait until we stumble upon a really great deal, and then make some changes.
Still debating on drapes. We opted not to do any blinds on the windows facing the rear of the house since it is just a forested area. I love our view and our lot. I don't like all the dead leaves on the ground. We are too cheap to buy a leaf blower and too lazy to rake them.

Entry

Office
(should be a formal dining room, but we have no need for a formal dining room)



Master
( our mattresses are still sitting on the floor because we have not found a bed frame at a yard sale)

Kitchen


Keeping Room
Ethan wearing my sunglasses and "working" on Spencer's laptop


Great Room
( we really need an ottoman)

Ellen's Room
(I do a pretty good job of concealing her "machines")

Ethan's Room
(Very empty on purpose. He tends to destroy things)

Hallway


Bonus Room
(upstairs)
(My favorite room. Every mom deserves to have a bonus room. I love, love, LOVE IT.
Ethan does too)

5 comments:

Michael and Bonnie said...

Very nice Anne!! Where did all those new couches come from? Also, what happened to your sleigh bed? Surprisingly, I just redid the girls room...and I put the same wall decals in their room that you have in Ellen's room.
Your house looks great. Wish I could see it in person.

Unknown said...

I love it too and I get to see it in person in about 6 weeks - so excited.

Peg and Her Story said...

love it....perhaps one day we'll make a visit. Happy birthday to Ellen!!!

Sarah said...

It is so so so beautiful! Honestly, kind of my dream-style home. Love it! Also, we got our bed frame at Costco for like $40, and it is super great. Plus, no more looking at yard sales! :) So glad you posted all of these. They are just s'dang purdy.

Chadlee said...

Your home is GORGEOUS! I love everything about it - the windows, the furnishings, the kitchen. And Ellen's room is so adorable! Nice job!