I think I am at my end with Ethan's ear infections. I think he is tired of them too. The past few days he has had a fever, his sleep has been disturbed, and he has been fussy. My first thought was that he was teething. I wouldn't have taken him in to see the doctor except, he also has not been eating! That has NEVER happened. Ethan always has a HUGE appetite. After 3 days of this, I decided to get him checked out. Poor kid has ear infections and very red swollen tonsils. No wonder he screams whenever I offer him food. Poor kid...
We are going to take him in to see a specialist in a few weeks to determine if ear tube surgery would be good for him. We debated doing this last year, but decided to hold off and see if there was any improvement. No Improvement. This is his fifth ear infection since February. It needs to stop. Wish us luck!
5 comments:
wow, poor kid! that's a lot of illness in a short time. hope you find a solution for him!
It sounds awful and painful to have all those ear infections. I hope it can get better. Steve said his hearing can also be affected with the build up of fluid so tubes are a good idea. Poor little Ethan!
oh sad! i'm so sorry for ethan and for you both! danika hasn't had any ear infections yet (i just knocked on wood) and i'm hoping to keep it that way.
Ya we have a pool at our house. it's more work than fun in my opinion since we don't swim very often, but with danika growing so fast, that might soon change. we need to do some maintenance on it but once we're finished, you are welcome to come swim. :) crazy weather we're having today huh? Oh and i added you on facebook. i actually check that more than my blog :( i'm not too good at blogging.
Oh I hope that things get fixed fast for him! I think Zane had a lot more ear infections than I knew about as a baby - he just never had a fever (or complained, but how could he?). Getting tubes will probably be MUCH more stressful on you that it will be on him. Hope he feels better soon!
Our son had the same thing--although two double ear infections in one month. He had ear tubes put in...it was the quickest surgery in the world--literally 30 minutes and he was back in my arms. He's never had a problem since--totally different child.
(This is Coby Hunt's wife. I just found your blog and will show it to him tonight!!)
Post a Comment