Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Home


I just returned from a very quick trip to Georgia. We purchased a home that is still under construction, and so I flew out there for a day to choose everything but the cabinets. Cabinets have already been ordered and shipped. However, aside from framing, (which we have even altered that a bit), the home was pretty much ours to design. OK, MINE to design. Spencer was busy at work all day. I had SO MUCH FUN! I even behaved myself. It was very hard to do, but I did not go over budget. (I am still dreaming about the granite I REALLY wanted, but just couldn't get myself to pay the extra $ for it. I am trying not to be sad, because we still have a nice granite, it's just not THE granite. I hate having expensive taste....)
Thankfully, I was able to leave both Ethan and Ellen at home, otherwise I would not have been able to get as much done as I did in a day. HUGE thank you to my mom, my sister Peggy, Julie and Barbara for helping with Ethan and Ellen while I was gone. Thank you!!!!
We will post more pictures as construction continues. It is 60 days out....ouch. Long time to wait, but well worth it. It is going to be such a nice place to live.

8 comments:

S&B said...

Wow! I am so excited for you! I'm glad you were able to find a home you liked and that you were able to add your special touches to. We are so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Where in Georgia are you going to be living?

abi said...

Wow, looks beautiful! How exciting!

Peg and Her Story said...

This is the exciting part about moving, I'm glad you have something fun to look forward to. Is it in a neighborhood, it looks like you have lots of land surrounding you.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful home. How exciting to have the chance to actually "make it your own." I can't believe you had to make so many decisions in one day. I'm totally impressed! I can't wait to see more pictures - it really looks like such a wonderful place!

Chadlee said...

It looks so beautiful! That's so cool that you got to make it your own with the finishing touches. It looks like a great place for a family!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks absolutely beautiful, and I love all the trees surrounding it, I am sure Ethan will love playing outside there.

Spence said...

Bethany, we will be living in Albany... not a town of choice, but the work is good.