The new recipe I tried last week was only so-so...( I made Dijon Chicken in a skillet...) Maybe I just don't like Dijon Chicken? Here is the recipe for that if you are interested. Otherwise, I am going to post another recipe that is one of our favorites. I love it because it is so simple and so versatile. I don't like much cheese, so I make mine like a burrito...even Ethan eats it. This recipe is from a show we watch from time to time called America's Test Kitchen.
Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas with Pepper Jack Cheese

Use a light hand when seasoning with kosher salt, as the cheese itself is rather salty. Cooling the quesadillas before cutting and serving is important; straight from the skillet, the cheese is molten and will ooze out. Serve the quesadillas with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream. Finished quesadillas can be held on a baking sheet in a 200-degree oven for up to 20 minutes.Makes 2 folded 8-inch Quesadillas
1/3 cup frozen corn kernels , thawed
2 teaspoons vegetable oil , plus more for brushing tortillas
1/3 cup minced red onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin (I add this because I love cumin)
1/3 cup black beans (canned)
2 teaspoons lime juice
kosher salt
2 plain flour tortillas , eight-inch (or yummy multigrain torillas)
2/3 cup Pepper Jack cheese (3 ounces)
1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeƱos (optional)
Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas with Pepper Jack Cheese

Use a light hand when seasoning with kosher salt, as the cheese itself is rather salty. Cooling the quesadillas before cutting and serving is important; straight from the skillet, the cheese is molten and will ooze out. Serve the quesadillas with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream. Finished quesadillas can be held on a baking sheet in a 200-degree oven for up to 20 minutes.Makes 2 folded 8-inch Quesadillas
1/3 cup frozen corn kernels , thawed
2 teaspoons vegetable oil , plus more for brushing tortillas
1/3 cup minced red onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin (I add this because I love cumin)
1/3 cup black beans (canned)
2 teaspoons lime juice
kosher salt
2 plain flour tortillas , eight-inch (or yummy multigrain torillas)
2/3 cup Pepper Jack cheese (3 ounces)
1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeƱos (optional)
1 comment:
thanks for the link to the show...I wonder, can I pick up episodes online?...hmmm
Post a Comment