Friday, January 25, 2008

Ready for Spring


I really loathe winter. Granted, it doesn't get THAT cold in ST. George, but it gets cold and wet enough to stay indoors most days. This makes me sad because Ethan really loves it outside. Worse yet, it is cold and ear infection season for my little boy. I was feeling hopeful that this year might be better for him, but last Friday, he got sick. As the week progressed, he got sicker. He has had a fever, cough, and runny nose for 7 days! Last night when I was bathing him I noticed a rash on his back. I finally took him to the doctor this morning only to discover that he has 2 REALLY bad ear infections, and strep. He may also have RSV? They didn't really know. It has been a long, sleepless week for us. I hate when my baby is sick. He is so sad. We are both anxious for Spencer to return home today and we are especially anxious for Spring.

3 comments:

ninfa said...

poor boy!

Peg and Her Story said...

so sorry, Anne...hope he's feeling well soon!

Chadlee said...

How sad that he has been sick for so long! And you're there all alone. It's so much better when our helpers, oops, I mean husbands are around. Is Ethan better yet? Anne - for some reason I wasn't able to see any of your January posts until today?? I had been looking at the post of your office furniture for over a month now wondering when you were going to post again. I accessed your site through the new link on my blog and voila - your entire January is now displayed. Sorry we weren't responding this month!!