Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Oriental Chicken Salad

I LOVE salad...we eat it all the time around our house. Here is one of my favorites...add any other veggies you like. I usually add shredded carrots, and I don't like cabbage much, so I do a mix of Shredded Romaine with shredded Iceberg. Enjoy!


1 head napa cabbage, or 1 head lettuce, or combination.

1 bunch green onions, chopped

1 pkg. Top Ramen Noodles (throw out flavor packet), uncooked, break into pieces

2 T. sesame seeds, brown in oven

1/2 c slivered almonds

1 (11oz) can Mandarin oranges, drained

2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces (here again, I usually marinate my chicken in a terriyaki sauce to add more flavor)


Cut cabbage into bite size pieces. Toss all ingredients together. Put following dressing over salad just before serving.


Dressing:

1/4 c vinegar

2 Tbsp soy sauce

1/2 c sugar (I usually use a little less)

2 Tbsp oil


Stir dressing ingredients until blended. Bring to boil. Cool completely before putting on salad.


4 comments:

The Truax Family said...

I'm so flattered that your last two recipes posted are compliments of me. I'm glad that you enjoy my recipes. Just as a side note though, my recipes are compliments of Kamian... I love the recipes I got from her when I lived in Kansas! Some of my favorites. Ummmmm... I'm hungry for some good food.

ninfa said...

sounds good! I'll have to try it next week. It's different than what we usually eat.

ninfa said...

made this last night, it was a hit with my family. i almost skipped adding the sesame seeds, so glad i didn't 'cause they add so much flavor!

Annabanana said...

yeah...i'm glad you liked it!